1 day Ayutthaya tour
On an Ayutthaya tour your private Thai guide will take you on an ancient tour to explore this former capital of Siam which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is really one of Thailand’s most majestic highlights. Serving as the Thai capital from 1350-1767, Ayutthaya rivaled the great European capitals in its day, and was especially noted for its impressive palaces and temples.
City Tour – Cultural – Temple/Museum – Out of Bangkok.
$ 338 Usd. for 2 persons only.
Extra traveler + $ 49 Usd. per person.
About This Tour
ROYAL PALACES AND STUNNING TEMPLES.
First, you will go to the Bang Pa Summer Palace, used by the royal court as a summer retreat in the 17th century, and still used by the Thai royal family today. Most of the buildings date from the reign of King Rama V, but you will see a variety of architectural styles, all set in a large park around ponds and waterways. The combination of Sino, Thai and European architecture is stunning.
PRIVATE ANCIENT CAPITAL OF AYUTTHAYA
Then get in one of the oldest tuk tuks in the world! During this excellent Ayutthaya tour your guide will stop to let you taste some of the local sweets, made from Indian recipes. For lunch you can choose to try the famous Ayutthaya ‘boat noodlesoup’ or river prawns. This can be decided with your guide during the day and you can pay for lunch on spot. Then after a delicious lunch, walk through the ruins of the former capital to see the 2 most beautiful temples, Wat Chai Wattanaram and Wat Phra Si Sanphet.
FUN FOR EVERYONE.
During this amazing Ayutthaya tour you will also embark on a fun boat ride around the old capital to see the ruins from a different perspective and to experience everyday life on the Chao Phraya River. You will get a different idea of the historical city sights and Thai life.
After a fabulous Ayutthaya tour full of history and fun your guide and driver will bring you back to your hotel in Bangkok.
- At 8 or 9 am you will be picked up from your hotel inside Bangkok city by your Thai guide.
- Drive to the Bang Pa In Summerpalace in about 1,5 hours and visit for about 1 hour.
- Continue to Ayutthaya city and visit the first ancient temple, the Wat Phra Si Sanphet ancient palace.
- Lunchtime and a break.
- Make a local tuk tuk ride and hop on a boat to see the city from the water.
- Explore the Wat Chai Wattanaram temple and then return to Bangkok.
- Drop of at your hotel.
HIGHLIGHTS ON THIS AYUTTHAYA TOUR.
- Visit the summer retreat of the Thai royals at Bang Pa in Summer Palace.
- Explore the temple ruins of Ayutthaya.
- Cruise around the old city by boat and fun tuk tuk!
- Choose your style of lunch and try local sweets that originated in India.
- Experience everyday life on the Chao Phraya River.
- The lobby of your hotel inside Bangkok city.
- By private airconditioned upgraded van with excellent driver.
- This tour is for approximately 8 hours inclusive driving times.
- Yes, this tour is suitable for children.
What To Bring
- Comfortable/Polite clothes.
- Local Thai money.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Private English speaking guide.
- Private Transportation.
- Admission to the Bang Pa In Summerpalace and 2 temples.
- Local boat ride around Ayutthaya city.
- Local tuk tuk ride.
- Water , cold towels and snacks as offered during the tour.
- Gasoline, parking fees and tollway fares.
- Personal Expenses.
Local Cash Needed
- Around 1500 THB per person (approx. $ 50 Usd.)
- This is for the souvenirs, lunch, drinks etc. This is based on previous guests so it’s an estimate.
Other Exotic Tours You Might Love
These tours are highly endorsed and loved by travelers before you. Do check them out for more amazing Bangkok tours and excellent local experiences. Authentic and handcrafted for descerning travelers like you.