bangkok walking tour
Bangkok Walking Tour
If you love walking and to explore local city life, this Bangkok walking tour is perfect for you to emerge yourself into the real Bangkok city and community life.
Your private Thai guide will meet you at your hotel and together you’ll go by public transportation to Wat Traimit with the pure 5, 5 ton golden Buddha image. This statue was found on the Chao Praya River bed a long time ago and it was covered in plaster for many centuries. Until it was uncovered and the $ 300 usd million dollar golden Buddha was found.
City Tour – Cultural – Local Life – Family – Markets.
Moderate / High due to the use of public transportation.
$ 168 Usd. for 2 persons only.
Extra traveler + $ 33 Usd. per person.
About This Tour
From the Wat Traimit temple you’ll continue this Bangkok walking tour by foot and you’ll walk through the hidden backstreets of Chinatown. This is a great place to get to know the local communities and make stunning pictures. Here you’ll find hidden backstreet markets, old wooden shophouses, Chinese and Buddhist shrines and everything on sale. The streets are packed with goods ranging from shoes to textiles and from toys per kilogram to Chinese and Thai herbs for power and treatment of illness.
GOOD SHOES FOR YOUR BANGKOK WALKING TOUR ARE A MUST.
From here your private Thai guide will take you to the pier of the Chao Praya express boat. This public way of transport is a great way to cool down and see how the locals move around. You’ll get of at Wat Arun for some stunning pictures.
The next stop on this Bangkok walking tour is Wang Lang market for some streetfood tastes and to visit this hip student clothes market. Opposite the river is the famous Thammasat university so many students visit the Wang Lang market for food and cheap, but hip clothes.
Khao Sarn Road Backpacker heaven.
The last stop on this local Bangkok walking tour is Khao San road where you can emerge yourself into the international backpacker community. This is the best spot for cheap goods, drinks and to get to know the young people of Bangkok. Your private Thai guide will depart from you here and from here you can go back to your hotel on your own.
- Your certified Thai guide will meet you at your hotel.
- By public transportation go to Wat Traimit Golden Buddha.
- Explore Chinatown backstreet markets by foot.
- Take the Chao Praya express boat to Wang Lang food and fashion market.
- Visit Khao Sarn road to enjoy the international backpackers scene.
- End of your Bangkok walking tour.
HIGHLIGHTS ON THIS BANGKOK WALKING TOUR.
- Great local Bangkok walking tour.
- Visit Wat Traimit Golden Buddha.
- Explore the hidden and secret markets in Chinatown.
- Explore unseen wang Lang student market.
- Wander along the famous Khao Sarn road.
- 10.000 steps on your walking App.
- Certified and energetic Thai guide.
- A happy and memorable Bangkok walking tour.
- The lobby of your hotel inside Bangkok city.
- By public transportation.
- This tour is for approximately 4 hours inclusive traveling times.
- Yes, this tour is suitable for children.
What To Bring
- Comfortable/Polite clothes.
- Local Thai money.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Sunglasses and sun hat.
- Private English speaking guide.
- Public Transportation.
- Admission to Wat Traimit temple.
- Walking tour in Chinatown.
- Water and snacks as offered during the tour.
- Personal Expenses.
- Food and drinks not offered.
Local Cash Needed
- Around 1000 THB per person (approx. $ 32 Usd.)
- This is for the souvenirs and personal expenses etc. This is based on previous guests so it’s an estimate.
Other Exotic Tours You Might Love
These tours are highly endorsed and loved by travelers before you. Do check them out for more amazing Bangkok tours and excellent local experiences. Authentic and handcrafted for travelers like you.
Another Great Tour
You can combine it with this tour to make it a full day tour.